Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Blood Brotherhood - repost of some post-Apocalyptic figs

    Painted years ago, the Blood Brotherhood has been patiently waiting for the Apocalypse...
I believe these were my first post-Apocalyptic figures that I painted. I purchased the figs at Cold Wars or Historicon many years ago when Sgt. Major Miniatures were still in business. I always loved perusing their stall. Their selection of unique and characterful figures was inspiring. I think I may have actually used these in a random game on one of our Sunday evening game sessions, but they've essentially been waiting for me to run some games (and paint up a lot more opponents!).

    Purchased when Sgt. Major Miniatures were still in business, these were my first post-Apoc figs

One of the things I liked about these were their weirdness. They look like cultists for a Pulp game, but the gas or face masks make them look acceptable for post-Apocalyptic, as well. I debated back and forth about a color for them. Hoods not being politically correct, I wanted people to NOT think KKK when they saw them. So, I came up with the "blood red" color and a name of the Blood Brotherhood. I also kicked around the Red Sun Order, but I think I'll stick with the brotherhood name. 

    The figures have a cool variety of weapons, as well as subtle differences in clothes

I like the weapon variety, too. I am not sure what the long-barreled gun is above, but it looks like a shotgun or elephant gun or something along those lines. Fun stuff! Little things like that make a line of figures really jump out, even if your chosen rules don't go into the detail of representing every variety of firearm that ever existed...ha, ha!

    Three more members of the Blood Brother prowl the wastelands scavenging for useful finds
I posted these older figs mainly to have a consistent record of this project. I honestly am not sure WHEN I painted them. Anyway, look for more on this project soon as my school and personal schedule has opened up a bit and I have more free time.

2 comments: